And than came Saturday…

Saturday morning we all went to Mike’s Graduation. I had a very nice time, especially because this was the first time I being to a College Graduation in the US. It’s a very different ceremony then what I was used to see in Brazil. I guess he graduated with the higher level possible, with honors or something like that. He had different color clothing & Hat then everyone else (him & another 3 from his class).We are all *So Proud* for him!

Benji was so good the whole time. It rained all day and but it was okay because he had his cousins to play with.

Those are the times I wish we were in Brazil or that Lilly’s family has closer – so Benji can have his cousins around more often! (All thou since they move to Memphis we seeing them way more often then when they were in Portland!)

In the way back from the Church building to France’s house Uncle Ed got in a car wrack, they all had something broken and stayed at the hospital for a while. It kind of crushed the day was everyone was sad after the fact! Tia Maria broke her collar bone and I think that was the worst from all of them. But still! The accident itself was very bad; thank God they didn’t get more hurt than that! It freaked me out how we were kind of following then almost all the way until we stopped at the ATM machine. When we got back into the highway we saw the whole traffic stopped and Dan asked me: “Please call Frank and Michael, let them know about the accident so they can get off at Kenwood” I didn’t have Frank’s # (because I just got a new one) and I called Mike – Not long after we got to Frances house we heard from Frank that they were actually IN the accident! I really felt fragile to imagine that we could be involved on it because of minutes! It made me think at night how life is unpredictable! I mean, we know that but many times we forget that we may be leaving our home and not come back, or maybe going to sleep and not wake up! It’s so beyond our control! It’s so important to always be in good *feelings* (Feelings? That’s not the word I want to use it but I can’t think the work in English) But like be in good *** w/ our families, enjoy the joy from our children and really everyone from around us because we never know when, and who is going next!

Sad story, happy ending: We had some fun at Frances’s house. I got to see some people I haven’t seeing in a long time… Andrea, Tim & Katie, Angela & Jason… Tati also came, after all Perry and Mike went to high school together. Grant & Monica really got to play nice. And the food was pretty good too! There were all kinds of stuff to eat. We got home so late and just crashed again! It was a long long day…

Benji slept amazinglly for 10 hours straight even thou he had two long naps during the day. I think the rainy wheater makes us lazy! =P

He did get to play outside at Grandma’s house. The rain gave us a minute of dry and the guys played out there and the kids ran around for a bit. We love Grandma’s new back yard - It’s so big and the trees make it so nice.

So Today we are trying to take it easy. I’ll do some grocerie shopping, maybe stop at the Super WalMart, chat with mom later tonite. My Braxton Hicks are really intense today - more than ever. But I’ll try my best to rest! =)

No comments: