We made it!!! =D

We made it!!! =D

And we were up to a rough start! Man…. quite a few times I didn’t think it was gonna end!

Our flight was not bad at all… a 2 hour drive to Columbus, Elan was with us – we all had lunch together and there we got a plane to NY; about 1.5 hours – not bad. A layover of 3 or so hours – not so bad either…
The kids did great in the plane, never bothered by the lack of TV or toys! Everything was great until close to landing Noah barfed!
That was a start… he did it again once or twice! No big deal. We were very worried because in our plane there was another 3 or 4 adults sick. The flight attendants were wondering if it was the food – but Noah never had anything at the plane, we fed him dinner at the airport and he slept most of the time.

Next day, already in Sao Paulo at my aunt’s house Benji feels sick… Barfing all over the place – probably like 20 times that afternoon. We got a Dr.`s name from Si and got him cared for – by that time he had strong diarrhea too.
Long story short Benjamin was at the Hospital overnight on IV and medication.

Thank God he is much better now, we were even able to attend the wedding that it was one of the main reasons we came here for!
It was just so hard to see him going thru all that. And he was such a brave little man! Never cried to get the IV in and out… took all his medicines with no problem! Very strong. He broke my heart many times saying things like “Mama, I throw up again – I knew I could not have eaten those crackers” - or – “I’m never eating and drinking again”
WOW – How awful it was! But it’s DONE! “sort of “ the Dr. said this was a virus that takes 3 to 7 days to incubate, and we all suspect that is was the same bug Elan had (he felt just like that after Thanksgiving) – soooo, guess what? My grandma has it now – and I’m so sad for her – she is suffering! We do pray that she feels better soon and that NO ONE gets it. We sure did have enough.
Because of all this our adaptation time has totally doubled or tripled. We are now going to Curitiba ASAP and our planes have changed.

It’s all good, we hope for the best but sure I’m trying to be ready for it all!

I’m wondering if we are any close to have fun on this vacation. My dad is not doing as well as I hoped for and the level of stress is high – for everyone! Dan & I – My parents and extended family. This is sad but I’m ready to go back home. I hope to write again soon – with much better news!
Please keep us in your prayers!!! We sure can use many! -LOL

** Much love!* *
Lica

1 comment:

Blessed Butterfly said...

Oh my! Sorry to hear girl! Thanks for keeping us posted, we are definitely praying for an awesome blessed time there, it will get better. Love, Dani