40 Days Challenge

My friend and Chiropractor Pete had a talk at his office this week along with other professionals. We started a 40 days challenge today. And I want to share a little what I set as a goal to myself!

Goal #1:
After a quick look on my bank statement I saw I had 5 purchases on different fast food places and all of those visits were at a drive-thru and most likely eaten in the car (and I bet there are a couple of cash/credit card visits within the past week too)

Last month just on my debit card I had 16 visits to a fast food restaurant. So pretty much every other day. (and I'm sure there's at least another 10 on Dan's credit card from times he brought home dinner)

So my goal for the this challenge it's to cut this number drastically. I know that most of the times when you “cut” something so radically most likely you will go back to it but I can't give myself the “room” to think this way. Not when it comes to fast food; because here it's not about favorite food, flavor, lack of time or anything else important – it's pure laziness.

So I would love to see this number a 0 in 40 days. It would make me extremely happy! However I think setting a goal of 4 (once a week) sounds very realistic to me.

And this one is not just for me but for my whole family! =) My mind goes on and on for hours thinking the numerous ideas for alternatives and I'm just excited to see it happening to us as a family!

This will be really hard on me (and me only not on the whole family – really) but I challenged because I KNOW I CAN DO IT! =) ~And because it is an issue in my life that needs to be addressed!

Goal #2
Since my first goal was not so personal I would like to set myself a goal as well. I weighted myself this morning before any meals, wearing my pjs and my number was 216 so over this 6 weeks I would love to see this number to drop to 210.

I don't want to overwhelm myself with all this new challenges so I won't necessarily have goals for workouts and or food intake. I will just do little changes everyday as the day fly by and who knows maybe just by sticking with no fast foods will bring me to goal #2 easier! =)

I have a pretty big list of other goals I want to achieve as well – but for now I must stick with these two and do it well and leave the other ones to the next 325 days of the year! =)

Mey Quiroprata fez uma palestra no escritorio dele essa semana com outros profissionais de saude e lancou um desafio. Eu quero contar os que eu escoli!

#1 - Depois de ver o meu saldo do banco e contar 6 visitas ao Mc Donals (e ouros lugares do tipo) eu fui ver no mes e contei 16; ou seja dia sim dia nao eu estou comendo besteira (sem contar quando o Daniel que paga no cartao, ou pagamos com dinheiro!)
Que absurdo!

Absurdo porque eh pura preguica de cozinhar! Falta de paciencia de esperar a comida ficar pronta! Acredita?
Entao meu gol eh diminuir essas visitas aos drive-thrus da vida! Quero dimiunir para 4 ou seja 1 vez por semana. Claro que eu gostaria de ver o numero 0 la mas ficaria muito contente com 4.

E o meu gol numero 2 eh diminuir o peso. Nao vou fazer gol de ir um certo numero de vezes a academia ou de contar calorias.
Eu vou so mesmo diminuir no dia a dia e quem sabe so de estar fazendo o numero 1 ja ajuda aqui no numero 2~
Eu me pesei hoje e estou com 216. Gostaria de estar com 210 libras em 40 dias!

Tenho uma lista enorme de gols mas vou concentrar nesses 2 por enquanto por ainda tenho 325 dias para atingir aos proximos! =))

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vai firme LICA! :D

Anonymous said...

Vai firme LICA! :D

supermomdoesn'texist.blogspot.com said...

Great goals, Lica! How is the first one going? I find it extremely hard to be on top of the family food situation day to day---it's a lot of WORK when you are so busy running your little ones all over the place! But I'm rooting for you! It can't hurt financially either!! :)
With #2, little by little, it will come off, don't get discouraged! Look at the whole picture..less fast food, more home cooked meals= healthy, weight loss should follow

Lica G. said...

Hey girl!

thank you SO much for the encouragement!
it hasen't being easy but in a week I have had NO trips to fast food!
I'm so happy and proud of myself!

its all about planning ahead and lost of snacks in the car! =)

now the number 2 - girl I actually gained a pound over easter =(
but I'm not giving up hope! =)

Gigi said...

You can do it!!! Fast/Junk food does not even deserve to go inside your precious body or that of your lovely kids! That stuff shouldn't even be honored with the name "food"!!! You and your family deserve better! Call me if you feel tempted! I'll talk you out of it with a few scary facts at any time of the day! The less you eat it, the less you'll want to eat it! Be strong, my friend - you can do it!!!