Two of a mother’s biggest fear

[This is an old post I wrote when it happened - two weeks ago and never had a chance to post, so I'm doing it today]

I bet I’m not the only mom who has fears like kids getting hurt with a rope, or on the tube – or loosing a child on a store, develop a rare disease and many others. Yes - There are quite a few on a list of a mother’s biggest fears.

I just got hit by two of them – that until last week were not on my list. And it was scary.

1. I was in the kitchen helping my Grandma with dinner when I heard Noah was shocking. I ran back to the living room and Noah was throwing up. Well – knowing our family you may know that barf one of the most common things that happens in our household, so I didn’t worry much about it – just grabbed Noah from behind to move him to the tile floor (cause he was throwing up at the couch and the tile it’s easier to clean)
And I think by doing that was when I actually helped him cause he spitted out a coin. A “real”, Brazilian money the size of a dime. That coin flew half way across the living room and Noah opened a big smile!

I breathed again too!

2. Well – I never care about little things laying around because the boys were never into putting things on their mouths. I have never ever seen them to such a think.
After a long time working on “ trying” to understand what happened finally Noah explained. My mom gave the boys an M&M container. Benji ate all of his and used the container as a “big bank” and put on his coins. Noah still had some on his. They would just open the container and drop the M&M right into their mouths – so Noah grabbed the wrong container and ta da! That is what happened!

And if that wasn’t enough for one week – a day later we are helping my sister to cut little paw prints for a school project she was putting together for her students. Benji had one of those kid’s scissors, plastics with a round edge – Noah tried to get it from him and when Benjamin was “reacting” he poked Noah in the face – that little kiddy scissor did a 2 inches long cut on Noah’s cheek, right under his left eye. It was so much blood I couldn’t believe it. It was so superficial but it must have got some little vase cause the blood was just coming out strong.

I tried taking pictures of his cut to post here but after it stopped bleeding you couldn’t even see anything. It looked like a paper cut. (And since this is an old picture – you probably notice Noah is ok in his latest pictures)

When you least expect – what you least expect. Scary sometimes!

No comments: