Shower, Welcoming party and lots of baby boys…

Another baby boy!!! - Scott & Jamie found out theirs is a boy too! - Lots of friends for Benji and … Baby Boy #2 (Still no name!)


I think I’ll start to call him Carter and see how I feel about it! Landon, or Patrick, or Jack!

There are so many boys coming so we better pick a name soon before someone else chooses first! (It always sounds like you copied - so I rater not!)

We could have Franklin for Benjamin & Franklin ~ LOL

Or Jerry for Ben & Jerry!!! - This one sounds more yummie! =)

This past week I had my 35 weeks appointment - everything seems to be good. I gained a lot of weight this past month, more then I have during the whole pregnancy - 7#s that put me way over 200 #s. Oh well! - But one good thing is that I feel more energetic! Maybe Claudia just cheer me up or the help running after Benjamin all day! =)

I being really busy since Clau got here as I have opportunity to do so many things I wanted and never found a way to do it without help - Either because of Benjamin, or the pregnancy or just because they were real big projects.

Tati’s baby shower is tomorrow, I’m excited!
I finished the party favors yesterday, they are very cute and today I started working on an embossed photo album to give to her tomorrow. I still need to pick up the cake we ordered today and garlic bread. Also can’t forget the drinks!
Claudia, Amy & I got a few basic items and made a basket for her as well.
I wanted to crochet her something pretty but I’m too hot to touch yarns! (BTW - Meyers had all their yarn on sale - 40 to 60% off) - To crochet things for Benjamin was a whole lot easier because it was winter (And it feels nice to set a blanket or a sweater on your lap while working) and he wasn’t around!!! =) So I fear Tati won’t get anything handmade from me and all Baby 2 will get as far as crochet things from mama is Benji’s hand-me-downs!

I got a few games prepared, 3 of them to be exact and I need to wrap the prizes… There’s a whole lot more involved into a baby shower then what you imagine! It’s quite a lot of work - Between invitations, food, decoration, games and party favors you can work hours on it! (Also spend all kinds of money!) - Hey, don’t take me wrong, I’m VERY glad to do it! Besides I did get a lot of help! (Thanks Dani, Claudia, Simone and Cindy!)

My Welcoming party will be in the 22sd of July and that should be lots of fun! We’ll do a “Festa Junina” which is a “traditional” party we have in Brasil only on the months of June and July! It has a very traditional menu as well. I think it’ll be fun!

We are gathering the “typical” make-up, hats & clothing so anyone how wants to dress up for the party can do it so…

I’ll rent a popcorn machine and Claudia brought from Brasil 4 or 5 of the typical “deserts” we have on Festas Junina and I have some Brazilian wine at home to make the drink…

I’ll make a trip to Jungle Jims this week and see what I can find or maybe order from SendexNet!
I really hope I don’t go into labor before that because I’m sooo looking forward to this party! =)
It’ll feel like home – I’m sure!

I guess there’s a cool concert at Coney Island tonight, but $25,00/person It’ll get a little spicy for all 3 of us! =(

Not a biggie as we can always use the night to rest! (oh - this sounds like old people!)

No comments: