a true story

As you know - the funniest and strangest things always happen to me -

This is NOT  funny like saying the baby was "pussy" instead of "fussy" to this old lady that didn't know I had no English OR embarrassing myself with a cop or any other one of my other stories - but I do want to share this, I liked it!

So I woke up and left early to go do this job up in Blue Ash this week and Dan took the boys to school. As I'm driving down on Reed Hartman I see this "Deer X" sign. I was sitting on a red light - laughing at myself because when I first moved to Cincinnati and my English wasn't that great!!! My friend from Brasil (that clearly was just as clueless as I was) asked me: "What does deer x" means? And I was like "It's probably a name of a school around here! LOL

I was thinking - Xavier = X DeerX school or something!!! LOL

Of course - months later when I learned that the X mas "crossing" I was cracking up alone while no one else was finding the funny part of it!
So I was there sitting - light turns green and in my mind I was thinking " houses on the right - houses on the left - there is just NO WAY that there are deers around here! that must be an old sign and

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (that is the sound of my breaks!)

Right in front of me - 1, 2 3 no wait! 4 - 5 - 6 789...

I guess that is it - no here comes more...
10 11

yes - Eleven pretty big dears crossing inches from my car on the middle of Reed Hartman!
So - yes, it was pretty amazing! I wanted to put on reverse cause I was a little afraid they would go on top of my car but by then there was a line right behind me - I look the guy next to me and he is on the phone **IDEA** my phone has a camera - but of course by the time I got it to start they were gone... but it was just a pretty cool thing! =) And of course I will never judge signs again - if it says there are deers - yes there are deers!!! Lesson learned for me ha!!!

No comments: