A mother's worst fear...

Its to have your children in danger - sick or anything that may hurt them.


If I would ask you what is a mother's biggest fears I'm sure you could come up with a neverending list; and we know how to prevent many of them to happen, and we pray for God to protect our little ones.
But what we should have fear of is the things we cannot control and the things we can't think of - there for you can't prevent!

And of course for me that happens more often then not and is just that one things that happens in the movies and you don't think it can ever happen for real - well... yes those are the ones that happen to me!

We have one of our sofas against a window - there is blinds and curtains on there.
The boys jump in the couch - everyday! Every single day - and that is the only couch they are allowed to jump on... and often they will flio into the back of the couch and scoot over from behind...

So this morning - right under my nose - next to me - Noah was jumping - like he always do getting out from the back and running back to do it all over again when - BLAH!

The cords on the blindes got stuck on his neck! At first I didn't realized he was serious and when I realized I he was chocking.
I helped him take the cords out - and sat down to sink in what had just happened and get my legs to stop shaking. I can just thank God for watching over him and protecting him at that time!

*sign*


Right after it happened


Tonite, during bath time - not much better!


Being so lucky the way I'm someone just may call child services on me thinking I was trying to hurt my son! =oP

2 comments:

Clau said...

É, Li... postando isso aqui e com fotos ainda, sorte sua de ainda nao terem chamado Proteçao a criança!

supermomdoesn'texist said...

Ha ha I agree with what Claudia said! heehee Seriously girl I'm so sorry that happened and I can just imagine the fear that whipped through your body! These things happen even under the best care. :(
Angelica fell and got a black eye last week and it still looks pretty bad, and I am embarrassed when we go out thinking "what do people think of me?" Hahaha
You are awesome to be so transparent, you're a great mom!