Noah’s birth

a back post on Noah's birth

Tuesday I felt something happening, the contractions during the night were pretty intense, I got up to start timing them and just like and on/off switch they stopped was I got up. So Wednesday when I went to the hospital I thought I was already in labor and things were just going to progress after that. I never got checked once I got there, last time I had I was about 3 cms. By 11 am nothing have had happened, then fast after that the contractions started coming, stronger and stronger, faster and faster…


The nurse offered for pain medication, I denied… and a few minutes go by I’m bagging for it! She checked me, 6 cm…

Within the hour I got pain relive, Dr Metherd walks in right at that time, checks me: 9cms/90% effaced & he says: “Your water is going to break soon” After that he checked one more time: “Faster progress then I expected - you are ready, but where is the head? – Nurse, get me a ultrasound machine please” And as soon as he put the ultrasound on my stomach BOOM, everyone could see his big round head right at the top of my belly…

I wish someone was there to help me out with this decision. Have a c-section or not? Breach? What is that again? I heard that word before – I did! Can I do it? Do woman have baby vaginally when they are breach? Ohh Lord! Those 5 minutes were the more horrifying for me! I so wish Randie could be there to tell me I could do it/or not!
I asked the Dr. and he says “I highly recommend a c-section”

I wish I knew this was going to happen, I would not have waited so long to get an epidural!!! Here I was trying to go as far as I could without any drugs and ended up in the OR!

The people there were: Dan, Daniela, Nicole stopped by for a little while, Linda, Carrie, Shannon & Beth Ann. We had my mom in the web can but due to the surgery she wasn’t able to watch it.
There’s more… I just need some time to sit and write!

No comments: