Quick Update

Noah’s speech seems to be developing very well, he is just like a parrot and repeats whatever we say, English or Portuguese. He absolutely surprised me with the amount of words he’s added to his vocabulary. I can’t remember if he did this before or not, but he’s doing somersaults unassisted. Also, his eating schedule is great! He’ll eat everything and anything you put on his plate. He will walk by the fruit basket and grab a banana or any other fruit. He’s so cute, everything he’s eating, if it falls on the floor, he’ll put it aside and say: “Give to it ‘Fee – aw – na’ (Fiona, my sister’s dog)”.

I’m afraid of spoiling by saying it, but he’s sleeping very well through the night and he did great without his dad (they are so attached). I think somehow he transferred his attachment from dad to Tia Claudia, but still loves to see daddy on the computer and every time I’m on the phone he’ll ask to talk to daddy.

Benjamin was extremely adaptable with all the changes but yesterday woke up crying saying he missed his house and his daddy.
He’s on “rehab” when it comes to chicken nuggets; he’s gone without it for 2 or 3 weeks now. I can also mention but not explain how much he’s been dancing!!! Every song he listens to he’ll start moving and even brake dancing! Haha SO cute!
He loves to take showers and play in the pool, tia Claudia showed him how to blow bubbles in the water so it won’t come into his nose, and he’s been using the technique even in the shower. He’s been sleeping with Tia Claudia, no diapers on and no wet bed!
His vocabulary is also improving a bunch. He surprises us with full sentences in Portuguese, like the other day he said to my dad “Não tem mais” (Meaning there are no more tracks left– for them to build a track for the trains) and other things – pretty cool.

Funny is how so quickly he realized that most people here just don’t understand English and he teaches them! Always talking slow, using sign language or pointing! Way too cool!

I have a ton of pictures but my mom is “jealous” of the computer and won’t let me spend much time online, so I can't pst them =oP! She believes that I can forget about blogging and other stuff I do online while I’m here cause she doesn’t want to waist a minute!
IT’s so funny how she and I get into little fights daily but I just can’t imagine my life without her! The way she treats my kids and let them comfortable, it’s amazing! I – myself don’t let my kids basically destroy my house like she does! They are the world to her – and vacation can’t ever be anywhere else. I think only here they can truly enjoy EVERY second! I’m so happy!
Frances is also like that with the kids – her house is “for the kids” and she is just loving and caring with the boys! As much as I would love to go to other family – and states or places I just can’t picture my kids being so limited to do things when my mom and my mother in law basically let them be! =) It’s too much of a joy!!!
It’s pouring out rain and my mom was supposed to be home like 2 hours ago. I understand the rain makes traffic terrible, and again – as much as she gets to me sometimes and as much as I’m enjoying being able to be online without worrying – I’m nervous she isn’t here yet!

No comments: