Making a full of myself - once again!

Because you think that after almost 10 yrs here I would have a better Enlgish and not get lost in translation as often as I still do!
For about a week we being playing a game here trying to get the top score.
When you match so many pieces you get a dice. The most dices you have the better off you are, but at times you have non or 1....  So whenever I would get just one single dice Noah would say "you got a die" and I was getting so mad at him for saying die over and over again. (thinking he was saying die = dead!)
He insisted the "die" was another word for dice - it meant one single dice! And his teacher told him so!
At that point im not just mad he is saying "die" over and over again now he is making up stories! He is lieing!

I was pressuring him asking for him tot ell the truth and telling him "tomorrow 'm going to school and asking Mrs Miller if that is true!"

He was so upset and still insisting that that was true! When Dan got home from work - faster then I could I go:

"Soooo (with a very sarcastic tone) Noah told me Mrs. Miller use the word die instead of dice! Can you believe it? i'm gonna go talk to her tomorrow!"

Dan says : "that is right - a die is a single dice"

Surprised - chocked and embarrased I wuestion him over and over again and ask if he isn't joking or lieing and then I just had to admit to Noah i made a full of myself! Apologized and kissed him until he bagged me to stop! =/

No comments: