Just my personal opinion on Sympathy Gifts

My brother in law's younger brother passed away – and I want to send them something. This got me thinking of traditions and different things that you do in different countries!


Well – what I really want to do is get on a plane – go there and be at their service for whatever they may need! Watch the children, cook, clean! So they don't have to worry about anything! Make them company... Bet here with them.

I'm not sure that this is what they want – but sure it is what I would like for people to do for me!

When dad died this past May I got a ton of cards on the mail, with the most wonderful words... I received a ton of food, and that was nice, very nice except I had all this food in the first 2 or 3 days (some of it that we are not even used to eating) and so much went for waist cause we just couldn't eat it all within the first 5 days and then, when I was so depressed in the week to come I had to cook and take care of things.

We got several weird trays – fruit tray and nuts, and dry fruits... got flowers that died very fast. And this got me thinking is that what I want to send to them?

There this one orchid I got the day dad died and it bloomed for almost the whole summer. Not it's there, with no flowers but I know it will come back – and I remember how beautiful it was and how beautiful it is. Yes – every time I look at it I think about how I got it because of dad's passing but it doesn't bring me sadness. It makes me think of all the wonderful memories I have with him, and how beautiful the flowers were and the next thing I think of it is that sooner or later it will bloom again and so now I have something to look forward. IT brings hope and goodness into a “not so good” memory.

I really don't want to sound ungrateful – the fact people were thinking of me in this hard time is so nice and no words can express how thankful I'm. I'm sure people feel different and some people want to be alone and all but for me; I was already feeling alone, now I lost my dad... I can't even call him. Last thing I want is to be alone! I want company – I want people to hang out with... feel me up with good energy and laugh! Yes – we'll cry sometimes and it's nice to have someone to cry with. But when you loose something – in my mind you want to buy a new one. Dad can't ever be replaced but I sure want to feel like I enjoyed every minute I could of my family and friends before I go or someone else goes. Life is short; passes by so fast and we don't even notice until it's gone. And the time we spend with each other and the love we can give to each other ~ that is just priceless!


Clique aqui em "read more"  para ler em Portugues!

Sabe, aqui nos EUA eh tradicao de que qdo alguem morre agente manda cartao para familia, alias eles mandam cartao para tudo ne. E eu recebi muitos muitos cartoes e muita comida tbm qdo o papai morreu.

Eu entendo a comida, pois nem todo mundo quer cozinhar depois de uma morte e se tem comida ali vc caba comendo, mas eu recebi tanto comida que acabei congelando um pouco e umas coisas tive ate que jogar for a . Foi tanta coisa no 1o ao 3o dia e depois la no quinta dia qdo eu tava super mal tive que cozinhar! Vai entender, ne?

O assunto surgiu porque o irmao do meu cunhado faleceu e eu fui embumbida de comprar o presente com o nome da familia aqui para mandar para la. E eu nao quero madar comida!

Eu recebi umas bandeijas estranhas com nozes e frutas secas – coisa que eu nunca como! E muito nada a ver sabe, Flores que morreram logo...



E eu nao quero er ingrata bm pois ganhei muita coisa e com certeza eu gostei, cada cartao cada palavra teve um bom significado! Mas o que eu qmais queria era compania! Eu ja tinha perdido meu pai... nao queria faicar sozinha sabe? O pessoal eh engracado! Eu sou SUPER social e adora gente... teria gente em casa 24 hrs por dia se pudesse, nao gosto de ficar so, e sei que nem todo mundo eh assim, muita gente gosta de ficar sozinha, mas eu gosto eh de compania!

Eu ganhei uma orquidea qdo o papai faleceu, muito linda – a flor ficou la quase o verao todo, e morreu. Ta so o cabinho, e eu olho para ela todo dia e me lembro qdo ela veio para nossa casa. Sei que tericamente eh uma lembranca ruim, foi a morte do meu pai mas de certe forma olhar para aquele cabinho e folhas todos os dias nao me deixam triste! Na verdade me trazem uma esperanco muito grande porque eu sei que ira florir novamente! E eu lembro da beleza que tinha e das boas memorias que eu tenho do meu pai e isso para mim nao em preco!

1 comment:

supermomdoesn'texist said...

Such wisdom, you are so right...do you ever feel like when you dream about him it's like you are able to call him in a way? I think dreaming of our loved ones that have passed is a little piece of communication with heaven. It's hard when you wake up, though. :( I wish you could call him up on the phone.....