Toys - Toys - Toys - Toys

We are well aware that our kids don't need nearly was many toys as they have, we can't even keep up with what we have but yet we are still buying new ones.
I just cleaned the basement with the kids and trashed about 2 full trash bags of broken toys - one huge box went to GoodWill with the still working toys - and the very cool/nice ones are on a box to Brasil. Stilll we have a TON of toys in the basement. It's a room full of all kids of toys you can imagine. Board games we have over 20 of them ...


Yet - still I want to buy them more - and NOT give what we habe away...
I have such a hard time with that – my kids say hey want something I start looking at the price and working ways to get whatever it is that they want.
Sometimes I even feel like I want to give it to them more then they really want something – does that make any sense? LOL

So yesterday we went out to "Toys r us" to do a little "study" on the things that are out there and the things the kids are really interested on and here is their “little” wish list (for what I can remember right now) :

1.WII - $200 + whatever coast of games and accessories
2. Power car - $200 +
3.Scooter $50/each (that will require new helmets for both boys $20/each)
4.Pogo stick $45
5.Drum set $85
6.Digital Camera 4 kids $60
7.Acoustic Guitar $40
8.Scooby Doo set $35
9.DS $150/each + games
10.Skate Board $ 25/each
11.Woody from Toy Story $40
12.LeapFrog game $60
13.Star wars light saber (the new double one) $35/each
14.Geotrax airport $55
15.“Over drive”car $99
16.Trampoline $45
17.Nerf guns from $25 - $40/each

These are the things they are more crazy about it – there are plenty of $10 - $20 stuff that they ask... I can give you a good reason why I should by each one of those 17 on the list... they have a bunch of good reasons as well! =D LOL

Fact is that they may get one if that... =(  It makes me more sad then they will be!

No comments: