He called me…

It’s being a while; I was pregnant with Noah 6 mos. maybe? He said he wanted to talk, he needed some help. I thought to myself: “He’s got such experience, he lived at least 40 years more, and how in the world could I help him? What could I say that would benefit him?”
I was at work, a long drive for him, 45 minutes at least, but I gave him directions and he came anyways. I always enjoy our talks no matter what.
His red car pulled on the parking lot. He came in. We hugged. We talked for about an hour, maybe a bit more. It was good, he made me fell like part of the family, and he always did…

Somehow I felt that our talk was beneficial to him too. It just made him think out of the picture. We hugged again and he left…
… that was the last time I saw him.

I will always think about him when I hear a song by Bob Dylan.
As I’m typing this I’m thinking… I’ll post this on

GEORGIA font, because it was his favorite. And remembering when we drove together to Adams County; he wanted to clean up the snow on his car… LOL

Many mornings, during a time when Dr. P wasn’t coming early he would send me up the street go get Bagels with Butter and Peanut Butter (whole wheat bagels), or we would get milkshakes (and drink fast so Dr. P wouldn’t yell at us!) And alternate turns to drink misso soup with lotus root!

And the “Greek Way” to say his cell number: Foooour oo tree, ooo tree, o treee??? Four o tre? Eighty uone – LOL

He helped us so much, in many ways, words, decisions to make, he gave me a job!! He helped us move, he came over on parties and birthdays, Claudia’s farewell party, he adjusted Benji 10 days old but he never got to meet Noah…

When I was sick, so preggo he drove on the heavy snow just to come over and adjust me.

We went to MU basketball games, breakfasts, dinners and lunches many times… The talks, sometime stressful but always fun - By far he was the best boss ever! =~)

I can’t feel it yet… It doesn’t seem real. I only got the privilege to have his friendship for 1/30 of his life and I can’t stop thinking of good times. Imagine his family. Keep them in your prayers. I truly wish I could be there…

But he’s gone… and when I get there he’ll be gone…

At the Oakley office we would eat popcorn from Target, have fun with the x-ray machine, always doing cool décor things to that place while listening to James Taylor:
“In my mind I’m goin’ to Carolina”
Karen she’s a silver sun; You best walk her way and watch it shinin’
Watch her watch the mornin’ come, A silver tear appearing now
I’m cryin’ ain’t I Gone to Carolina in my mind…
There ain’t no doubt it no ones mind
That loves the finest thing around
Whisper something soft and kind
And hey babe the sky’s on fire,
I’m dyin’ ain’t I
Gone to Carolina in my mind
Dark and silent late last night
I think I might have heard the highway calling
Geese in flight and dogs that bite
Signs that might be omens say I going, going
I’m gone to Carolina in my mind

With a holy host of others standing around me
Still I’m on the dark side of the moon
And it seems like it goes on like this forever
You must forgive me
If I’m up and gone to Carolina in my mind
In my mind I’m goin’ to Carolina.
Can’t you see the sunshine? Can’t you just feel the moonshine?
Ain’t it just like a friend of mine - It hit me from behind

Yes I’m gone to Carolina in my mind…
Gone to Carolina in my mind
Gone - I’m gone - I’m gone
Say nice things about me
Carry on without me
‘Cause I’m gone…


Yes boss, mentor, daddy… …friend!
We’ll only have nice things to say about you – always!

I’ll try my best to be good on this earth so I can get to see you again, in heaven!

William E. Tickel
RIP - 12/11/2006
Love,
Lica

No comments: