Grab a drink, seat back because this will be a long one!

PART 1


WOW! I can’t believe it it’s over! We moved and we are finally settled down! No more boxes, no more mess!

The only 2 things it’s left to do its finish hanging our picture frames and one more run to IKEA for a dinning table set.

IKEA rocks! They have everything and cheap! I know that store top to bottom, let me tell ya! =) We are so much closer now; I think this past month I was there every other day. Lol

The new house settled down so well. I was so down and negative at first, didn’t want to leave Lebanon at all but I’m LOVING here. It’s amazing the transformations… all of them. How God changed my heart towards this new house, the transformation we (Dan & I) did in this place: painted all rooms including bathrooms and basement, the new bath sinks and the whole new ½ bath including the new flooring, the chair rail on the laundry room. And how it transformed it into “our” house when we actually moved our furniture in here.

It’s funny how most of our furniture looks better here, it feels like they “belong” more here then on the other house… they fit better!
The boy’s room it’s so spacious and the bunk bed works much better now… we actually have 4 bedrooms now too!
So, still there’s much we want to do here, of course, I want curtains, and rugs and new kitchen cabinets… but it all takes time AND money… but “slow and steady wins the race” and with time we’ll get there!
The neighbors are all very sweet and I feel like we are in the middle of life again! It’s like in Brasil, people walking outside, we can walk to the stores, we can walk to the pool and the schools (actually we haven’t – yet) and it’s busy and noise and ALIVE! =)

I can’t thank enough my Brazilian friend Nilma from Ky, She has 4 kids and her oldest girl is 19, Luciane. She came and stayed with me for almost the whole month of July. She was with us during packing, moving and unpacking, she pretty much watched the boy for me everyday while I was coming over here to work and move little things here and there and after the move she was there for it all. I can’t thank her enough. She helped with the boys daily, and moving furniture around until I was happy (lol) and when you though she was upstairs resting she was washing the bathrooms, vacuuming… never stopped! We also had lots of fun together! All resting time we watched a bunch of movies, her boyfriend came to visit from NY and spent 3 days with us, we went to KI, roller-skating for Lane’s birthday (and guess what – I still got it!!!), we visited the CCM and went shopping a few times. I can’t describe what a blessing it was to have her with us!

Lu became a part of the family fast, and I understand how awesome it’s to have an au pair living in with you! Man it makes life so much easier… and that makes us even more excited and anxious for Carol’s arrival in September! She should leave Brasil Sep. 1 and be here on the second; as of right now she will be with us for 6 months.

Well… going back a little this past few months…

Benji missed the old house for maybe a week, until he made friends with Julio, this 5 yr old boy that is just as crazy about trains as he is (maybe even a little more). I think since we moved they have got together at least every other day.

Benji & Noah also love the MCC (they never really connected at the YMCA), here at the new center they LOVE the pool, playroom AND *believe me or not* CRIE to leave the child watch.

Grandpa Elan came in town to visit for a couple weeks (he usually comes around Ben's and Noah's birthdays)

I have a LOAD of pictures to post!!! Not a minute to spare and sit on the computer, load them up & post…. Hopefully soon! =)

Part 2 will come soon - I need to leave real fast now... SORRY!

No comments: